Questo blog non sarà più aggiornato.
Il Maratoneta continua a pubblicare su http://piovonorunners.blogspot.com/
Ci vediamo lì.

2011-04-03

Running with Sarah. And with Stef.

To find names for posts is usually a hard activity. This time I can take it easy.

After "Running with Sarah. Part I." and "Running with Sarah. Part II.", the third episode of the saga is right before your eyes.

Enjoy!
Vale: let's have a picture for the blog
Stef: we're late
Vale: come on
(in the picture: Stef, Vale and Sarah before leaving. Late)

I was very proud of myself. During last week I have just drunk a beer, and ate properly. Then I was invited for a Sunday Roast.

Stef, the leader of our fundraising team, suggested that we could have a run together and then eat something at his girlfriend's place.

"Why don't you invite Sarah as well?"

I asked her. And she took it seriously.

I easily brought a bottle of wine. She cooked two  Cottage Pies, Banana Bread, Coconuts Scones and Aztec Biscuits.

The wine was ok. But her food...

So we left early in the morning, got to Hatfield, where Stef lives, and run for a while.

Sarah run 10 km at 5'20'' per km. Astonishing if you think that she had run 4 km two weeks before, and that's it.

Stef and I left Sarah at the 8th km and run for other 15 km at a pace of 4'23'' per km. Astonishing if you think that I had thai food just the evening before.

After the shower I realised that the real challenge hadn't come yet.

Stef hadn't invited us for "eating something". It was a Sunday Roast. Sarah understood what was to come and opened her eyes widely and enthusiastically.

I still didn't have a clue until I saw the roasted vegetables on the table and Tamsyn (Stef's girlfriend) cutting 2 kilos of roast beef.

Eight slices of roast beef (gravy sauce on top), three servings of roasted vegetables (mainly potatoes), two servings of Cottage Pie, mustard. Two glasses of the wine I brought and one of Prosecco.

I felt quite full when the desserts arrived. Tamsyn cooked a Rhubarb Pudding. Two full slices please.

And there were Sarah's sweets, of course.

Half of the Aztec Biscuits. I don't want to get fat. One serving of Banana Bread. Then nobody wanted the Coconuts Scones and I had to lay down for the others. I waited ten minutes between the first Scone and the second one. My belly needed some rest. Both of them came with butter and jam of Tamsyn's mother.

I might not be invited anymore by Stef and Tamsyn after I emptied their fridge. Maybe they'll just ask Sarah to come.

But what could I do? I love British traditions!!


p.s.
If you enjoyed this post, please help our team fundraising for the EEIBA.

Nessun commento: