Questo blog non sarà più aggiornato.
Il Maratoneta continua a pubblicare su http://piovonorunners.blogspot.com/
Ci vediamo lì.

2011-03-30

A Bittersweet Run.

A little bitter. A little sweet. A lot of run.


Yesterday (Tuesday), I had a pleasant run from home to work. 9 km at an average of 4'35'' per km. 4 km of whom where run in Hyde Park. A pleasant journey in a sunny morning.

This evening (Thursday) it was so deep dark in Battersea. Lovely.

I was supposed to run in the morning. But I went to bed late last evening. Too excited to sleep after I saw an article I wrote for a magazine. It's an Italian magazine about runners, of course. I don't know if you've ever heard about it. It's called Runner's World.

The article is about a) how it happened that I decided to run the London Marathon; b) how I found the charity to support (which gave me the bid for London), and c) how I planned to fundraise 1,000 pounds.

It's quite simple actually:  a) I wanted to impress an English man, so I told him that I was going to run the London Marathon; b) I found a team that accepted and trusted me (it wasn't easy); c) I opened this blog.

If you're looking for the long version you need to speak Italian and buy a copy of Runner's World (Italy). Or I can borrow you mine as soon as it gets to London. Or when I'm in Italy, if you're not planning to come to London.

But it wasn't the article that made me so excited. I mean, I had written it. And I knew it was going to be published this month.

It was the drawing they made. It shows a professional who runs from Milan to London.


I haven't had so much hair since highschool.


Bittersweet Interval Training.

I went running this evening. Interval training. Perhaps the hardest I had in four months (jeez, how long have I been training?!).

2 km of warm up and two fast runs of 5 km each. 1 km of recovery.

The fast runs needed to be fast. Very fast, under 4' per km. Despite the fact that I had just run 53 km in the previous three days.

The first 5 km were run at a pace of 3'59'' per km. So wet at the end. So tired.

The recovery wasn't that fast. I had to run at least at 4'20'' per km. I couldn't. My legs were so heavy and the breath so... breathless.

When the recovery ended (at 4'30'') I just wanted to stop there.

Then I thought about the Bribery Act 2010.  The British government published the Guidance to the Bribery Act 2010 today. And the associates of the department I'm working in went to celebrate this event in a pub. I couldn't go with them, cause I had this interval training.

I cannot miss such an event pointlessly. At least I must do what I have to.

First km: 3'55''.

Second km: 4'02''.

Third km: 4'01''.

I give up. I'm running over what it's planned. I must give up. I haven't slept tonight. I ate two cupcakes at lunch (it was for a good reason). I'm hungry. I'm cold. It's dark. Plenty of good excuses to stop there.

Than I thought about Ben. It's his birthday today. And the associates of the departmet I'm working in, Ben included, went to celebrate the publishment of the Guidance to the Bribery Act 2010 in a pub. And Ben's birthday, of course.

Fourth km: 4'00''.

Fifth km: 3'57''.

Second fast run at 3'59'' per km. 66 km in four days.

Cheers to the Guidance to the Bribery Act 2010!!


p.s.The Hall of Fame was updated. Thanks.

Nessun commento: